DAVID L. COLVIN
David L. Colvin founded the Colvin Law Firm in 1980, and for 36 years he and his firm have been dedicated to achieving justice for the people, businesses, and municipalities they represent. Mr. Colvin has received an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell, the preeminent peer ranking system for attorneys. This rating is the highest possible rating given to attorneys by Martindale Hubbell.
Over the years, Mr. Colvin’s practice has developed in a wide array of areas and he has handled everything from catastrophic personal injuries, major business and insurance cases, flood and hurricane cases, oil spill claims, municipal representation, land use litigation, bond transactions, FELA and Jones Act claims, medical malpractice claims, and trucking claims.
Mr. Colvin is a graduate of Loyola University School of Law and the University of Southwestern Louisiana. In addition to his work at the Colvin Law Firm, Mr. Colvin also spent fourteen years serving as an Assistant Parish Attorney for Jefferson Parish, overseeing the Parish’s land use litigation during that time.
• President, Jefferson Bar Association and member of Board of Directors
• Delegate, Louisiana State Bar Association
• Jefferson Parish Economic District Board of Commissioner from 2010 to 2016
• Jefferson Chamber of Commerce Board for 2010 to 2016
• Louisiana State Bar Association
• Louisiana Association for Justice
• American Association for Justice
• Jefferson Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• International Economic Development Council
• Louisiana Land Title Association